Which WFAN Mike Francesa Staffer Said, "Are you an intern? Sit the f*ck down you don't know SHIT about sports you f*ckin retard!" | Bob's Blitz

Which WFAN Mike Francesa Staffer Said, "Are you an intern? Sit the f*ck down you don't know SHIT about sports you f*ckin retard!"


David Matthews over at Deadspin just wrote Intern Horrors: Mike Francesa Doesn't Run The Tightest Of Ships The lowlight of the article? A WFAN intern wrote the following about one of Mike Francesa's crew:

So I'm sitting there and I happened to be watching a highlight of a Phillies game. The Phillies crushed whoever it was they were playing by 10 runs. I mutter to myself, "The Phillies are gonna steamroll the national league". The guy in question (call him Rob) starts flipping a shit on me. I thought he was going to keel over and have a brain aneurysm from how loud he was yelling at how red he got. He says word for word, "Are you an intern? Sit the fuck down you don't know SHIT about sports you fuckin retard! Steamroll the national league? Are you fucking kidding me? When were you born 1988? Then you clearly no ABSOLUTE SHIT ABOUT SPORTS! Sit your ass down and don't fuckin speak".

The whole thing ended with me calling him out for being 30 years old and still living in his parents' basement. Yes, it got personal. I never talked to him again and I never will.

Now, we have no idea who this poor guy could be talking about BUT they need to cut down on the salt and it sounds like the person in question has been working for Francesa for, like, years and still cannot get a full-time on-air gig...and they've become very, very frustrated.

Follow on Twitter, Subscribe, or Return to Bob's Blitz Home.